What is FluNext-AZ Nasal Spray?
Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray is used for Allergies, Perennial allergic conjunctivitis, Allergic rhinitis, Sneezing, Stuffy, Runny or itchy nose, Itchy nose and other conditions. Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray contains Azelastine Topical, and Fluticasone Topical as active ingredients.
Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray works by controlling the biosynthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes; reducing the itching and conjunctival redness;
Detailed information related to Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray Uses
Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Perennial allergic conjunctivitis
- Allergic rhinitis
- Stuffy, runny or itchy nose
- Itchy nose
- Allergy symptoms
- Hay fever
- Inflammatory manifestations of corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses
- Pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses
- Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
- Controlling the biosynthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes.
- Reducing the itching and conjunctival redness.
Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray – Composition and Active Ingredients
Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Fluticasone Topical – 50 Mcg
- Azelastine Topical – 140 Mcg
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- White patches or sores on the lips or inside the mouth
- Bitter taste
- Sore throat
If you notice other side-effects not listed above, contact your doctor for medical advice. You may also report side-effects to your local food and drug administration authority.
Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray – Precautions & How to Use
Before using Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- pediatric patients 3 months of age or older
- do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
- wash your hands before and after applying Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
- do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Flunext-AZ Nasal Spray. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
- avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.